Thursday 1 November 2012

Going Round in Circles 2

'Godseed,' from M Silf's Landmarks - An Ignatian Journey (DLT, 1998)













"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."


Shades of my earlier musings on Going Round in Circles. I've been pondering these  words  above for the last couple of days, ever since I spotted them  outside our local Wellbeing Centre.  Surely what I'm about as I journey through life is to uncover the true self that is already and has always been there. And is that not "finding myself?


And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started 
And know the place for the first time. 
     T.S. Eliot -- "Little Gidding" ( Four Quartets)

What think you, fellow  bloggers?

2 comments:

  1. Well, since you ask, I think I'm with you on the "finding rather than creating". The key to Ignatius' Principle & Foundation is that we are Creatures. My spiritual director says that Shirley Bassey's song "I am who I am... My own special creation" sums up the attitude of the Fall and is the ultimate heresy! He sometimes uses the song as a teaching aid. (Now there's an idea...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Yes...quite a thought...).

    "God's work of art," in other words. Now, where have I heard that one before?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I always love receiving comments; do feel free. If you're visiting from the A-Z challenge (or even if you're not!) could I thank you for your patience in using the dreaded captcha verification thingy. It's a pain, I know, but I've had problems with spam in the past and would rather keep Greenpatches as a junk-free zone.